The Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research program is unique in its mission to train a generation of professionals equipped to address some of the world's most urgent problems. The symposium highlights the work of current Postdoctoral Researchers.
• Weston Anderson: “Climate-forced crop production variability and synchronous crop failures”
• Allison Bridges: “Environmental governance in China: Identifying pathways for cooperative sustainability planning”
• Pilar Fernández: “Assessing the human dimension of human-tick contact risk using a smartphone application”
• Megan Maurer: “Trees on the street: The social value of a green infrastructure in NYC”
• Andy Stock: “Intercomparison of cloud-filling algorithms for marine satellite data”
The Symposium will be presented and moderated by John C. Mutter, Director of Graduate Studies, Sustainable Development Ph.D. program; Director, Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research program; Professor, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences; Professor, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University.