The Center on Global Energy Policy's Women in Energy program and NYU's Center for Global Affairs are excited to invite you to tour the Marcellus Shale formation in Pennsylvania. This event is being led by the Penn State Marcellus Shale Center for Outreach and Research. Please see the full details below.
Items to discuss in the overview and out in the field:
• Overview of shale development – from land acquisition to drilling to production
• A look at shale gas infrastructure – pipelines, compressor stations
• Shale economic impacts – for landowners, municipalities, state, national, global
• Shale development land impacts – agriculture, forest, wildlife, infrastructure, tourism
• Wastewater management, water use, and environmental impacts
Transportation to and from the facility will provided. Please note that this will be a day-long trip with an early pick-up time. See below.
Pick-up & drop-off location:
NYU's Center for Global Affairs - 15 Barclay Street
Drop off time:
We expect to be back in New York City by 9:00pm
Other: Lunch will be provided.
• Registration is required
• This event is open only to current female grad students
• Required attire – For safety, all visitors must wear flat, fully-enclosed shoes and long pants.
• Space is extremely limited therefore please register only if you can commit to attending the site visit. No-show's will not be permitted to participate in WIE events through the end of the calendar year. If you RSVP and can no longer attend, please email me at least a week in advance.